Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hair Extenions

…Are indeed a waste of money? But I must say I am willing to waste 25 dollars to do it, once again. In fact I did and right after I’m done writing this I will head my fanny down stairs to take a gander and the work in which I must do to my hair. My mother calls it my mullet. She is correct. It looks like a mullet when I wake up, when I wash my hair and if I don’t hair spray it enough. The thing is, is that I regret cutting my hair more then anything else that I have ever done in my short 19 years of life. Call me shallow, I won’t mind. I miss my hair. Which bring me to another piece of the part of the pie if you will? Hair, it looks amazing long and flowing in the wind and to hold that power to feel invincible with my hair…(if you’re a girly) well it’s a feeling women take for miss fortune. The reason I say this, I will be soon, oh so very soon, going off to boot camp where my hair will forever be in a tight bun up to regulations of the USAF. I will then learn on my days off just how lucky I am to have a day off and wear my hair down. This is where I get deep. I am proud and happy I made the decision to join. I never thought little stubborn Meg would have the balls to go defend her country. So like m hair, I will be straight and with regulation all the time. 100% of my days and nights will be to this country but I have gods given gift to wear my hair down on my days off. To feel wonderful (on and off of duty). I just hope one day all those people I let down or look down on me or dislike me some days, maybe most days will say “Meg did something good”. I hope I can make them proud. I’ll still always be the same old Meg. Never willing to back down from an argument. Never putting up with the bull shit. Always trying to make some one laugh, always loving my family especially that little kiddo sister of mine. I’ll always have them wont I?


Now, in less then a week my twin will be here. The kid I used to beat the shit out of, the kid I stuck up for and got into so many physical fights to defend him right or wrong, who pushed when I could. My big brother is coming. I’m in love with that statement. But out of all things I hope one day he is as proud of me as I am of him. He’s my twin forever contacted in blood and truths, who’s only seen some of the horrible things I have seen and been through some of the roughest part of like I have been through…I hope that he out of all people besides DDG and Mizzmo along with my sister is proud of me. I owe him forever and what ever I can give I will. He’s 19 as am I, and will endure a lot moving out here to the east coast but like I said before he’s Matty. My big brother. He can do it. He wears his heart on his sleeve and is a hard worker. He WILL make my mom and DDG proud and with the help of those two, the man he is will become even better. I’ll help him as much as I can in the next 3 months I have left with him, but again. He is a man; he will do what’s best for him. I miss him, it’s been two years and I get to see the kid again. So very excited.

But that’s enough of the deep shit for this part; I want to mention my job. My place of work. I work night crew. I stock shelves. I get looked down upon for the work I do, like I’m scum…all of the guys I work with can relate. Who would ever want that job? Haha, we would. Those amazing guys and I. Do you ever wonder how the store is always stocked or who puts the hard work into making sure the food that you buy is there for you to get? The “scum” does. Let me reassure you we are not scum. The guys I work with are pretty damn amazing. They make my job the best I have had yet. We work 10pm-7am every day. We throw shit on the shelf pull it forward and make sure it’s all up to company standards before we leave. We work pretty damn hard. But still when the morning comes. People walk in and look at us…like we are no good. The guys and I (the reason for saying that is because I work with 12 guys and I being the only girl) laugh at remarks like this or when people turn up their noses at us. We really do laugh. Because no matter what a store would never get stocked if people like us weren’t there to do it. That means you would have no food to buy. So the next time your in a store, grab a comment card and write something about thanking the “scum” that works over night to make sure you get the products you want : )

Sassy aye? I think so. Strong feelings towards something I love, such as my job.

Lastly, I want to tell my mom, that no matter what, you’re bringing my brother out here and in time or maybe even now his will thank you for helping him and his future out. You and DDG are both amazing for the work that’s about bestow you. Matty probably wont fight with you like do, and he will probably give you a more “grown up” response to your questions unlike I do, but he will thank you. You’re going to do great things to lead that kid in the right way. I love ya, I may be a bitch sometimes but hell 3 more months and you won’t have to worry about my ass making a fool out of itself any longer.

That’s it for today I think. Yeah yeah, I’m done. Good night :)

5 comments:

Daryl said...

So .. where's the photo of these hair extensions? $25 .. I think that's quite a bargain for hair extensions ... I have several acquaintances here at the office who have them and they cost far more but maybe its because its NewYawk or maybe its real hair vs synthetics.

Your hair looked lovely and flattered you short ... but I understand the need to look the way you want to look .. OTOH, hair grows quickly and is a lot less hassle than extensions if you have to fuss with and add product to it .. just sayin' .. I am lazy, I want to get up in them morning, shake my head, run my fingers through it and go ..

Audrey at Barking Mad said...

Daryl is right! And Daryl, you have the most gorgeous hair. Seriously!

You know how I feel about the extensions Meg! I don't think they are flattering. They weren't the last time. They just ended up stringy and always tucked back or put into a pony that gave you that awesome mullet thing you had going on.

Hair grows. Let it do it's thing and stop frying it with all that crap!

Hair does not define the woman or give her power, perceived or otherwise. It is what it is. Hair.

Unlike your fat mama, you look quite stunning with shorter hair. You have a perfect face that is framed beautifully by your hair. I learned my lesson last summer when I cut all mine off and thank God it grew back and fast.

Having said all that, you're 19 and going to have to learn these lessons on your own. The same way everyone else does. In time you'll realize we're not all old hags, "talking down" to you, but the voice of experience.

Love you,

Mom

Audrey at Barking Mad said...

Uhg...I didn't finish, or edit my previous comment.

Having said all I said, (and yes it was harsh but then Meg knew it would be),I am her mother and she is an adult and is capable of taking what I dish out in the way of letting her know how I feel about things...I do understand her regret over getting her hair cut. I did the same thing last year. Came home and cried. I cried for a long long time. It was above my ears and just looked awful! Some fat women should not have short hair. I'm one of them!

I looked absolutely absurd with short hair. Period.

The other thing is this...I'm willing to admit that I'm wrong about the extensions IF Meg takes care of them this time around and is willing to put all the time into it that is required to keep them from looking like stringy, oily, dreads, which is exactly what happened last time.

I just happen to think that all the money, time and product (and believe me, I'm a huge product whore especially with hair that's highlighted as often as mine is!) and hassle that's involved. She knows I think it's a waste of all of the above, but, if she likes it and is willing to blow her money and time on it, then hey, good for her.

My biggest thing is this...looks don't define the person. It's a lesson I myself am having a hard time with. The person you are inside gives you power and strength Meaghan, not the hair on your hair. You womanhood is not defined by having long hair or not.

Either way, you are stunning, long hair or short and that beauty and glow comes from inside and radiates outward.

Love you,

Mom

P.S. Could you please clean your room?

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

You would be beautiful bald baby!

Now could you make your mama happy and go clean your room!

And you are right about what you said about Matty!

Love u!

Unknown said...

"..... you won’t have to worry about my ass making a fool out of itself any longer."

So, does that mean your ears are going to be foolish instead?

As for being proud of you, I come from a family with just a little Air Force tradition (Royal Air Force, that is). That you made the decision to enlist in the first place is reason enough for your Mum and I to be proud of you. And if you do as well in the USAF as I think you will, that will just be a bonus.

Lastly, what is a "grown up response" when it's at home? I remember when Matt stayed the summer with us. Grown up responses tend to depend on the question that's asked in the first place. The less I say about computers and websites at this juncture, the better.

TTFN

DDG